A limited number of qualified applicants may be offered the opportunity to join the Argus Expeditions crew as a Mission Specialist and actively participate in a manned submersible expedition.
To Become a Mission Specialist
- Review the qualifications and eligibility requirements below
- Request a crew application.
Your application request will be reviewed by the Argus Expeditions team and a follow up call may be scheduled to answer any questions. If you are offered the opportunity to become a Mission Specialist, we will then provide access to private website pages with more detailed expedition information.
Argus Expeditions seeks Mission Specialists who:
- Want to contribute to the success of the expedition by actively participating in ways that suit their experience and aptitude.
- Are curious and have a passion for the ocean
- Have experience at sea
- Participate in outdoor activities such as swimming, hiking, cycling, etc.
- Have previously been on expeditions or adventures of more than 3 days
Mission Specialist Requirements
- Be able to live aboard an expedition vessel at sea for up to one week
- Be able to board small boats (Zodiacs) in rough seas
- Have a valid passport
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time the expedition commences
- Be able to fit through 21” diameter hatch opening
- Be comfortable in dynamic environments where plans and timetables may change.
- Can demonstrate basic balance, mobility and flexibility (i.e. climb a 6 foot step ladder, carry 20 lbs., etc.)